Food Distribution Volunteering
Meals on Wheels Delivery -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels Drivers deliver meals to homebound elders Monday-Friday. Volunteers are needed in most communities for 1 to 5 days a week, midmornings, 1-2 hours a day. A valid MA driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
Meals on Wheels Kitchen Preparation -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels kitchen volunteers are needed in some communities to prepare nutritious meals for homebound elders, weekday mornings for 1-3 hours. Meals are individually packaged and delivered by volunteer drivers. Some sites also offer a congregate meal, where volunteers serve freshly cooked meals to visiting seniors.
Interfaith Social Services -- 105 Adams Street, Quincy MA
- Organize, sort or stock donated food items, including loading and unloading vans, freezers and shelves; prepare food bags for distribution to clients according to the individual need of each client and client family. Monday-Friday, 9:30-12:30 (a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week)
- Receive donations and assist with unloading food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and local grocery stores; organize and stock donated food items; maintain cleanliness of the pantry.
- Food Pick-Up Driver needed to pick-up food that is being donated to the food delivery program.
- Food Pantry Stocker needed to stock the pantry fridge. (NOTE: Bags can be up to 50 lbs)
- Grocery Bag Assistant Volunteer needed to put together grocery bags of food for members of the community who are in need.